An exceptional lodging experience beckons at our 100% smoke-free St. Johnsbury, Vermont hotel. Enjoy clean, comfortable accommodations, friendly service, and quality amenities. A convenient location puts many attractions and the region's most prestigious school, St. Johnsbury Academy, within easy reach.
St. Johnsbury Academy
- Since the early 1840s, St. Johnsbury Academy has been an independent private high school in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. Students from over 50 Vermont and New Hampshire towns, 25 additional states, and 25 countries are represented at this comprehensive school that offers 220 courses, 40 athletic teams, and 60 organized clubs and activities.
St. Johnsbury Academy Academics
- The core academic curriculum, which is required of every St. Johnsbury Academy student, covers four degrees of difficulty and features 21 Advanced Placement courses. There is also an equally-challenging elective program that's comprised of courses in the fine and performing arts, as well as in the technical, engineering, pre-professional, and computer science arenas. Plus, there's a foreign language program and various courses geared toward personal fulfillment. Overall, students receive a richly rewarding education at St. Johnsbury Academy.
St. Johnsbury Academy Athletics
- The school's interscholastic athletic program is an extension of its academic values. There is an expectation that participants will be fully committed to working hard and working toward a common goal. Team sports are played through the academic year. In the fall, there's cross country, soccer, football, and field hockey. Wintertime brings alpine skiing, gymnastics, ice hockey, indoor track, Nordic skiing, wrestling, and basketball. And when the thaw comes, student athletes can choose from golf, baseball, track, softball, lacrosse, tennis, and ultimate Frisbee.
St. Johnsbury Academy History
- St. Johnsbury Academy got its start in 1842 thanks to Erastus, Thaddeus, and Joseph Fairbanks. Their goal was a simple one: to provide intellectual, moral, and religious training for their own children and the children of the community. Thirty-one years later, the school was reincorporated to provide a top-notch education to a broader range of students, as opposed to just those who were seeking to attend liberal arts institutions of higher learning. By offering a combination of technical training and college preparatory studies, the founders of St. Johnsbury created one of the most unique academies in all of New England.
St. Johnsbury Academy Alumni Awards
- Each year during the reunion banquet, two alumni awards are given out: the Dwayne B. Sherrer Alumni Distinguished Service Award and the Northeast Kingdom Service Award. To be nominated for the Dwayne B. Sherrer Alumni Distinguished Service Award, candidates must have exhibited distinguished, loyal service to the Alumni Association, its ideals and objectives along with service to their community, state, or nation, and/or achievement in their own field of endeavor. Candidates for the Northeast Kingdom Service Award are expected to have greatly contributed to the continued improvement of the Northeast Kingdom.